By the way — when you are aware of how to market to women … even if you sell male orientated products … you capture all the other buyers by default. I can’t say this formula would work the other way around. No matter how small or large you accommodate this shift into your marketing, your profits will go up.
The Ten Top Rules to Remember About Women Consumers
(source Why She Buys by Bridget Brennan)
- Women buy or influence the purchases of most consumer products.
- Gender is the most powerful determinant of how a person views the world and everything in it. It’s more powerful than age, income, race, or geography.
- Women’s brain structures and hormone levels are different from men’s and women are raised in an unseen gender culture that shapes their priorities and world views in ways that can be imperceptible to men.
- Female culture should be studied with the same focus that entering a foreign market requires. Mastering female culture is the key to success for companies that depend on women consumers.
- The person who makes a sales transaction isn’t necessarily the decision maker. Even if the woman of the house does not earn a paycheck, she likely determines her household’s expenditures.
- Pink is not a strategy.
- If women make up a significant portion of your customer base, they should be represented proportionately on your management team.
- There are five important trends driving the world/s female population that should be considered when making long-term planning decisions for your business.
- Women around the world are more similar than they are different.
- When you please women, you tend to make your male customers happier too.
The thing is it’s not going away. It’s only going to get bigger.
Learn more about how to increase your business profits by understanding how women make buying decisions .
To view the original blog post go here
What changes can you make after reading this post? Let's share and learn from each other!
(This was reposted by permission from Ann Sieg)