- Grab a sheet of paper and pen. Set your timer or phone alarm for 5 minutes.
- Draw a line down the middle of the page. On the top left, write "Obstacles". On the top right, write "Solutions".
- Spend 1 minute writing down all the obstacles that keep you from adding new clients.
- Turn your attention to the right side of your paper - Solutions. Spend 3 minutes on the top 2 obstacles - write down at least 2 solutions for each one.
- Spend the last minute deciding how you are going to incorporate at least one of those solutions into your day today.
In only 5 minutes, you've come up with a list of what is holding you back and how you would overcome each one. Focusing on just one solution decreases overwhelm and increases opportunities for success. Imagine if you added just one new client each day as a result of this focused activity.
- At the end of a week, you'd have 5 new clients.
- After a month, 20 new clients.
- After a year, more than 260 new clients!
Maybe you only were able to get one new client every other day... that would still be 130 new clients over the next 12 months! Is your current method of activity generating similar results? Probably not...
Planning our work and working our plan is much easier when we break it down into small, manageable pieces. Consistently implementing this simple 5-minute strategy can be the difference between an "average" or "phenomenal" year. Which will you choose?
PS One strategy to gain more clients faster is to speak to groups of your target market, seed your talk with great content and a call to action, and then have a strategic and effective follow-up system that isn't "annoying" or "salesy". Want to learn more? Contact me for a free 30-minute consult on how to "Speak Your Way To Success". Email: firstname.lastname@example.org