It is said that great storytellers are the highest paid people in the world. With that in mind, it makes sense that each of us needs to hone our skills and become effective storytellers, regardless of what business we are in.
Great storytelling is an extremely valuable skill in speaking, whether you are talking to 1 person or an auditorium filled with people. Creating and delivering stories that engage the audience, touch their heart, and move them to take action doesn't have to be difficult. Here are my 5-P's to Creating a Powerful Story.
5 P's To Creating A Powerful Story
1. Paint a picture that your audience can see themselves in or be the star of
2. Pain - the pain that they are feeling is real. Using a spoon, dig a little to cause more discomfort. Make the FEEL it.
3. Promise - Offer a solution suggestion on how they can ease or stop the pain. Naturally you want to give good content without giving away your business. I teach my clients to share the "what" and not the "how".
4. Proof - share the results of someone who has followed your suggestion. The more specific you can be, the more interested your audience will be. Let them "taste" the success because of following your solution.
5. Push your offer - What do you want them to do next? Is it a consult, strategy session, training program, webinar series? (Push DOES NOT mean pushy)
This is an easy and effective formula for creating stories that engage your audience, help them "feel" the pain and results, and lead them to the help they want and need... from you!