A profitable business requires the business owner to spend as much time "thinking" about their business as they do on marketing and customer service. Here are 5 "R's" that will help you to make the tweaks necessary as your business grows and prospers.
One of the best ways to approach these 5 "R's" is to spend 15 minutes focused on that specific activity each day. It's breaks it down into bize-sized pieces that are doable. Remember to set your timer!
- Re-thinking: This works best when you are physically doing an activity like walking, etc. Something that doesn't require you to think while you do it... Rethink about what's working. Rethink about what isn't working. Rethink how you can improve in just 1 area by 1% this week.
- Re-organizing: Do you have the people to do help what needs to be done? Is it time to hire a virtual assistant to do specific tasks that need to be done routinely? Do you need to outsource one-time activities? (setting up new landing pages, creating a new logo, new timeline cover for your FB page, etc) What do you do best? Outsource the rest...
- Re-engineering: Look at your goals. Are your current activities going to get you there? Is the activity level where it needs to be? What is your lead-to-capture ratio? What is your lead-to-sale conversion? What tweaks can be made to increase these? Where is your target market hanging out - are you hanging out there, too?
- Re-inventing: What other products or services can you offer that your customers are likely to be interested in? Can you create them yourself? Or can you add affiliate products/services that are very good? Is your sales funnel set up to encourage repeat buying?
- Re-gain control: What do you feel you are losing site of? Track of ? What systems or processes can be developed and implemented to address the issues and help you regain control of your business activities, growth, and profitability?
Focusing on each of these activities for 15 minutes before the "work day" begins is like the small pebble that is dropped in a pond of water. The effect is felt throughout the entire pond. The same is true with your business. These activities done in seemingly small, insignificant and consistent 15-minute segments will truly impact all areas of your business in a very profound way.
One problem. One solution. 15 minutes. Done.