Hanging around out there on social media and trying to attract your target market or ideal clients can be a very lonely place! As you've probably discovered by now, just because you're actively engaged doesn't mean that others are commenting or engaging in conversation with what you've written.
I'm also assuming that your bank account hasn't experienced a huge influx of cash... yet!
It may be time to call in the cheerleaders. These are the people who like and trust you. Some of them may be clients or customers, some friends, some past co-workers, networking partners, and some may even be your family members.
Here are 5 steps to identifying and asking them to help you:
1. Write down all the people you can think of that fall into this category.
2. How many of them are you connected to on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram?
3. Invite those you aren't already connected with. Add a personal message instead of the standard message that shows up in the "invite" box.
4. Choose the top 10 that you are closest to. Pick up the phone or send a private message or email and ask if they'd please read your status updates everyday and make some type of appropriate comment or question. Let them know that they'd be helping you with your social media marketing strategy.
5. When they make comments, reply back quickly. This shows others who are reading but not responding yet that you are actively engaged.
Sometimes the easiest way to get started is to create our own "buzz". Tapping into the people who've "got your back" and want to see you succeed may be the jump start you need.