Here's the easy recipe for my chicken pot pie:
2 T. butter
1/2 c. onion, chopped
1/2 c. mushrooms, chopped
1 bag of frozen mixed veggies, thawed
2 c. chicken stock or broth (not boullion)
2 c. diced chicken from deli roasted chicken
1 T. Cavender's greek seasoning (yellow container)
1/4 c. flour
1 store bought pie crust
- In a 2 qt pan, melt butter. Saute onion and mushrooms until soft.
- Add flour and stir. Let flour cook a little to lose the "flour" taste
- Add chicken stock and stir until lumps have disappeared.
- As mixture thickens, add seasoning, chicken, and thawed veggies. Heat.
- Pour hot mixture into a 2 qt. casserole dish
- Top with pie crust. If pie crust is too large, gently fold it in so it fits.
- Make 3-4 incisions in the pie crust to let steam escape. Then brush with egg that's been slightly beaten.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes.