Recently I was asked to explain how what I offer makes a difference to my clients. Although I know that it does, I hadn't really sat down and thought about all the ways their lives are affected during, and after, working together.
I started sharing my knowledge, expertise, and experiences because I felt bad for all the parents struggling to find new prospects and then convert them into clients. They felt guilty when they were attending events because they weren't with their kids and when they were with their kids and spouse, they felt guilty because they weren't working. It was a no-win situation! I had learned how to generate a month's worth of appointments from one talk and knew that I could teach others to do the same thing.
Most small business marketing focuses on the hard skills, not softer skills of persuasion, relevancy, and emotional engagement.
My clients are heartpreneurs - they serve from the heart and cringe at the thought of "selling". Yet without sales, nothing happens. The client or customer doesn't get the solution they want and need; we don't generate income.
So how do I deliver value to my clients?
- I help them how to use persuasive storytelling that shares what problem the person had, the solution, how it made a diffence in their business, and the overall impact in their life. When we engage prospects emotionally in our story, they become a part of the story. They feel the pain. They feel the relief when the solution is found and applied.
- I help them create an automated email sequence that delivers engaging content that continues to build trust and rapport with gentle calls to action. (A call to action does not always mean you are asking them to buy something).
- I help them create a free, content-rich product that attracts interested prospects and they sign up for. This gives the prospects great information and adds them to a drip campaign I mentioned above.
- I help them identify speaking opportunities that are filled with their target market and how to approach the planners to become speakers at these events or groups.
- I help them develop a talk that they can use over and over again to create interest from their audience and generate leads from 50%-80% of the people in the room.
- The skills they learn can be applied to networking, one-on-one sales appointments, and other events. They work even if the person decides they don't want to speak to groups.
- I help business owners (especially the introverts) focus on the value they deliver and how to communicate that effectively without being salesy or pushy.
Think about your own business... What are 5 ways you and what you offer make a difference to your clients? Write them down and come up with a great story about each one. The next time you are at an event and someone asks, "What do you do", you'll have a great story to share that illustrates your point. And who knows? You may be exactly what that person has been looking for!
Struggling with lead generation? I'd love to share a few tips during a free strategy session. I'll ask a few specific questions about your business, your goals, etc. Then I'll share a few tips you can implement whether you choose to work with me or not. My "big" sales question comes at the end when I ask "Would you like my help with any of these?" No pressure. No obligation. Click here to sign up.