I love playing with apps and technology. The information we have at our fingertips in our smart phones and tablets is absolutely amazing!
Today I'd like to talk about a pretty cool food app - Fooducate. And it's FREE! It helps me make healthier choices for myself and my family.
Below is info about the app directly from their site. They explain it better than I could!
Are you confused by ingredient lists, nutrition labels, health claims and marketing hype?
Fooducate is here to help. We are a team of parents, dietitians, and techies. We realize that at the supermarket you have very little time to analyze food labels and extract the information that is important to you. We'd like to help you make better choices for you and your family.
Get the Fooducate mobile application and use it to:
- Automatically scan a product barcode
- See product highlights (both good & bad)
- Compare products
- Select better alternatives
- Dig deeper and learn more about food and nutrition
- Created by dietitians and concerned parents
- Uses your mobile's camera to effortlessly scan UPC barcode
- Over 200,000 unique products and growing daily
- Simplified information helps you make better choices
- Works on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android OS version 2.2 and up
"... Fooducate is like taking your own personal dietitian to the supermarket..."
Fooducate analyzes information found in each product's nutrition panel and ingredient list.
You get to see the stuff manufacturers don't want you to notice, such as
- excessive sugar
- tricky trans fats
- additives and preservatives
- high fructose corn syrup
- controversial food colorings
- confusing serving sizes
- and more...
Just pick up a product from the shelf, scan it, and let Fooducate do the rest.
Fooducate is NOT funded or influenced by food manufacturers, supplement companies, diets, or any sort of magic pill.
Let me know what you think and how you use it!
One problem. One solution. 15 minutes. Done.