Is there a gap between what your prospects are experiencing and what they really want? Yes! And here's the cool part - The person who figures out how to close that gap is the person who gets the business! It's just that simple.
Think about your own life for a minute - is there a gap between where you are and where you want to be at the end of 2014? If so,
- How do you recognize there is a gap?
- How large is the gap?
- How motivated are you to close the gap?
- What resources (time, energy, money) do you have available to close the gap?
- What pain will NOT closing the gap bring into your life?
- What joy WILL closing the gap bring into your life?
- Who can help you close this gap?
Be truthful with yourself as you answer these questions. Allow yourself to "feel" with your heart as well as analyze with your mind.
Now turn your attention to your target market and what you offer:
- Do they recognize there is a gap?
- How large is the gap?
- How motivated are they to close the gap?
- What resources (time, energy, money) are they willing to devote to closing the gap?
- What pain will NOT closing the gap bring them?
- What joy WILL closing the gap bring them?
- How can you help them close the gap?
If you aren't sure, think about your 3 favorite clients or customers. Answer the questions above from their viewpoint. This should give you a really great starting point!
Now that you know where their gap is and how you can help them close this gap, it's time to identify where these people hang out online and in person. If your target market consists of business owners and sales professionals, maybe a local professional organization would be a great place for you to speak. If your target market is plumbers, etc., maybe a local trade association would be an ideal place for you to speak.
All speaking gigs are not created equal. Real results are accomplished when we focus on groups that include our target market. Speaking in the front of the room highlights us as an expert in our field and provides the opportunity to reach more of our target market in less time. An effective speaking business allows us to collect the contact info and follow-up with those interested in letting us help them close the gaps they have.
Need some help figuring this all out? I'd love to help you! Together, we can close the gap of where you are and where you want to be.