Do you ever wonder what to do with leftovers that is easy but tastes delicious? Here's an easy recipe I made a couple of nights ago. We'd had roast beef with potatoes, carrots, and onions on Saturday night. It was delicious! But what could I do with the leftovers that was a little different than Saturday night's meal?
Here's my recipe:
- Make 1-2 packages of brown gravy, depending on the amount of your leftovers
- Chop meat and veggies into bite-size pieces
- Combine meat and veggies into the gravy and heat through.
- Season to taste
- Pour into a round casserole dish or pie dish
- Top with packaged pie crust or sheet of puff pastry
- Brush top with egg wash (1 beaten egg with 1 T. cold water)
- Make several small slices in the crust to allow steam to vent
- Place on a cookie sheet (to catch spills and make clean up easier) Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until the crust is golden brown
- Eat and enjoy!
Please share what spices and seasonings you use to make it taste like a "new" meal!
One problem. One solution. 15 Minutes. Done.