If they don't need or want our products or services, there isn't much we can do about it.
But if they don't trust you, there are things you can do to build trust and credibility so when they are ready to buy, they will buy from YOU.
How do you build trust and credibility from the stage and beyond? Here are 5 tips:
1. Your intro or bio should demonstrate what's in it for your audience. Highlight results, not the same old boring stuff everyone else puts in their bio that has your audience yawning before you even start speaking.
2. Share stories that are relevant to your audience. Help them picture themselves in the story - the pain, the solution, and the results.
3. Have a compelling freebie that people are willing to exchange their contact information for. It needs to have value and is of interest to your audience. Checklists and tips are big right now, but don't give away all of your "how's"! That's what they pay you for.
4. Include a link to your free offer in the thank-you email they receive. Add a short paragraph reminder about what is included in the free offer. This will help them remember why they gave you their contact information.
5. Have an automated series of emails that go out for a short period of time that shares more information. The goal is for your email sequence to be specific and strategic as you lead them down the path of converting from prospect to consumer. Your email messages help you to continue building rapport, trust, and credibility with the reader.
Don't spend time trying to convince those who don't want what you offer to buy. Focus your time and energy on prospects who are interested in what you offer by creating messages, sharing stories, and giving examples of the results you deliver. This builds trust and credibility. You'll increase your conversion rates, have more fun, and make more sales.