Starting and running your own business isn't for sissies. It's work. Hard work.
And then we throw people into the mix - future customers, current customers, past customers. People who love what we offer. People who think we are idiots. People who say they are going to buy but don't. People who buy and then complain because they don't want to follow through on their part.
Yes, it is hard. Especially with me as my boss. How have I achieved success?
I simply learned how to work smarter, not just harder. Here's what I did:
- When I start my day I identify "What's the 1 thing I can do today that will move me closer to my goals?" Generally that has to do with marketing as well as learning something new.
- I break my "1 thing" into smaller, 15-minute bite-sized pieces. Kind of like "how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time!" scenario.
- I dig in and start. 2 of these 15-minute activities must be completed before I open emails, etc.
- When I get discouraged, I read testimonials and recommendations from those who love what I do and how it's helped them in their lives.
- I "swipe and adapt" methods that are working for the people who are already achieving what I dream of
- "Green" activities (income-generating) need to take up at least 50% of my day - I can spend half of that time creating new offers.
- At the end of the day, I express gratitude for the small, daily victories. These accumulate into big wins!
You have the choice to decide how you will spend your time, each and every minute. Sometimes we'll feel like we've been thrown into a boiling pot of water. Just remember: we are like a tea bag. We don't know how strong we are until we're placed in hot water!