Each one of us has two voices that compete for our attention - the "angel" and the "devil".
The angel's voice is encouraging, helpful, and optimistic. It helps us fuel our goals and keep moving to make them reality.
The devil's voice is self-defeating, undermines our confidence, and makes us feel like we are unworthy and unable to accomplish our goals. Many people listen to this voice and give up. They settle for whatever life hands them rather than going out and grabbing the life they dream of.
Have you ever experienced this?
What if you could quiet the devil's voice to a mere whisper? Could that make a diffence in the actions you take on a daily basis?
All you need to do is reprogram those negative thoughts into positive ones! It's simple... really! Here's what to do:
- Write down on a piece of paper the top 5 comments the "devil" says that either slow you down or stop you all together. Keep a blank space between them.
- Now, write down a positive statement that cancels out the negative one. For example, "Why would someone hire YOU to help them?" might be your "devil" comment and your positive "angel" comment would be, "I help others get great results and have fun while they are doing the work!"
- Draw a line through each negative thought. DO NOT REMOVE IT.
- Make several copies to keep with you. Each time one of these thoughts pop into your head, grab your card and immediately read the positive one with emotion and belief! You are retraining your subconscious.
- If other thoughts pop up that you didn't write down initially, go through this exercise with them.
I felt a little foolish when I started this process. But my subconscious didn't know the difference and soon only the positive, reinforcing thoughts were loud enough to hear. This exercise was instrumental in giving me the confidence to put myself "out there" as I marketed my business and services and worked to achieve my goals.
I believe it will help you, too!
P.S. Have you liked my Facebook page yet? Please pop over and like me!