Here are 5 steps to help you get new speaking opportunities from the people who have heard you speak and resonated with your message:
- Have a handout that specifically asks audience members if they know of other organizations, associations, companies, or corporations that you would be a good fit for. (If you don't ask, the answer's always "NO"). Have them include their phone number.
- Follow up with a phone call and ask for more information about the opportunity. How are they affiliated? Who do they know that you should talk to?
- Offer to send a short 3-4 sentence paragraph describing how the audience will be impacted by your message. This allows you to share a strong, strategically worded message rather than relying on this person to try and explain who you are and what you offer. Do your homework first so the message you want to share relates to their specific business or service.
- Ask the person to send an email to their contact using the statement you sent. Have them add your email in the "to" field and click on the option "notify when opened" that many email options have.
- When the email has been opened by the contact, follow up either with a phone call or email.
This method is much more effective than cold calling for prospective speaking gigs. Try it and let me know how it works for you!
P.S. Looking for help speaking? I offer a free 30-minute consult and will share 2-4 ideas to help you move closer to your goals. No fuss, no pressure, no obligation. Sign up here.