We have more people stop over unexpectedly with small gifts in hand during the holidays. I used to feel embarrassed because I had nothing to give them, even though that wasn't why they stopped by. Does that happen to you?
Here's how I solved the problem: Banana Bread! (of course you'd use your favorite sweet bread recipe)
1. I purchase 8 of the small, disposable loaf pans.
2. I make 2-double recipes of my favorite banana bread
3. I bake in the small loaf pans.
4. When cool, I wrap in aluminum foil. Then in holiday wrap.
5. When someone comes over with a gift, I pull it out as an already-wrapped gift for them.
6. When people stop over just to visit without a gift, I simply remove one from the freezer, unwrap it, slice it thin, and defrost in microwave for a minute or two. I arrange on a pretty plate and "ta-da" - you look organized and prepared!
A little bit of preparation can remove much of the stress we feel when people stop by unexpectedly. With a freezer full of goodies to share either as a hostess or as a neighborly gift, we can enjoy the season and spend time cherishing our friends and family.