Here are a few fun tips that you may not know about Valentine's Day:
- In Victorian times, it was considered bad luck to sign a Valentine's Day card
- In Japan, girls give Valentine's Day chocolates to boys.
- Victorians believed if you put a silver coin under your pillow on Valentine's eve, you'd get a proposal by the end of the year.
- Valentine's Day didn't become popular in the United States until the 1800's.
Many people (men and women) get flowers for Valentine's Day. Here are a few tips to make them last longer:
- Trim and rinse the stems every couple of days
- Add a pinch of sugar to the water
- If the water gets cloudy, change the water and add a couple of drops of bleach
Once the flowers are tossed, clean the vase by filling halfway with water and dropping in 1-2 denture cleaning tablets. This will kill any of the bacteria and residue collected at the bottom of the vase. Rinse thoroughly after about 30 minutes. Turn upside down to dry.
I hope you have a wonderful Valentine's Day! And remember, "to love yourself is the greatest gift of all"...